Marina High School Home of the Vikings

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Please Create A Marquee

New Students

Just moved to the area?
Here is what you need to get your student enrolled.
Please read carefully and follow the steps listed. A student will only be enrolled once all required papers are completed and information has been submitted to the Guidance Office and verified.
*Students enrolling from a foreign country must also provide official picture identification, indicating date of birth.
By law, we can only enroll students with J-1 visas
All documents must reflect PARENT/GUARDIAN NAME & SERVICE ADDRESS. Submit a copy of a driver’s license or passport. Plus two forms of residency verification: electric bill, gas bill, cable bill, mobile phone bill, property or income tax documents, water bill, waste management bill, payroll stub and/or Social Services documents.
  • No fixed, regular, adequate nighttime residence
    Homeless youth have the right to attend their school of origin or the school in the attendance area where he/she is temporarily living.
  • Sharing a residence
    Student living with the parent/guardian and residing in the home of another person the home owner must complete a notarized "SHARED RESIDENCE AFFIDAVIT" with two forms of proof of residency. (Form is available in Guidance Department)
  • Living with a Guardian/Caregiver
    Student not living with their parent/legal guardian will need documentation from a court of law showing legal guardianship. Two forms of proof of residency will be required. If the parent lives within a 70 mile radius, an Inter-District Transfer from the student’s prior school district must first be taken to HBUHSD.
Students must show documentation of a T-dap (Tetanus) immunization. All students new to HBUHSD in which this is the first school of enrollment from outside of the U.S.A. will be required to have a valid TB (tuberculosis) test prior to enrollment. TB testing is not required if the student has attended a school in the U.S.A. prior to enrollment in this school district and has not had a previous positive test. Students must be cleared by the Health Office prior to enrollment.
Students must have a withdrawal slip from the last school attended indicating drop date, reason for withdrawal, and withdrawal grades. Students in grades 10-12 must also present a copy of an unofficial transcript.
Incoming 9th Graders
Most student information is collected from our feeder districts the semester before school starts. This gives our guidance department a head-start getting ready for incoming 9th grade students. This process is not perfect and some data does not get transferred or the information that is transferred do not contain the most recent address or contact information. If that’s the case then in the weeks leading up to the start of school you can your home high school to see if your student’s information has been collected and/or is current. If you’re not sure which school your student will be attending you can check that with our home school locator at In most cases we’ll use the information that was provided to us from the feeder school to send you registration information.